New Fitness Goals
Seeing as I’ve now met 4 of my 5 previous goals (got my deadlift to 110lbs, easy) I think it’s time to find some new ones. First let’s see what I’ve accomplished:
1) Get at least seven hours of sleep most nights. Most being the operative word here, but I am resisting the urge to stay up until I pass out for the most part.
2) Squat 95lbs (I’m doing 80lbs right now.) Hell yeah. I’m at 105lbs, baby.
3) Dead lift 100lbs (doing 85lbs right now.)Doing 110lbs! I think the problem with deadlifts is mainly psychological at this point. I’ve heard so many horror stories of people injuring themselves that I’m moving up slowly on this lift.
4) Do 90/60 second splits during interval training.
5) Eat at least 400 calories before lunch. I’ve added scrambled tofu and rye toast to my usual morning cereal and now I don’t see how I functioned on just a bit of cereal and coffee.
So the interval training goal is the first one on the list. I know it’s good for me, but HIIT sucks all the ass in the world. I really like steady cardio and HIIT does not fill my head with that soothing calm that 40 minutes on the arc trainer gives me.
So my new goals:
1) Do 90/60 second splits during interval training and increase upper level intensity.
2) Bring military press up to 75lbs.
3) Bench press 90lbs.
4) Do 3 sets of 90 second planks 3 times per week.
5) Add split squats to routine once a week.